La promo du moment
Exam Board: AQA, Edexcel, OCR & WJEC
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: June 2016
Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
The Vietnam War in context
The Vietnam War was much more than just a war. As a conflict it was drawn out and deadly, but in the history of the 20th century its significance goes well beyond those jungle encounters that have been represented in so many feature films. The Vietnam War was also a watershed event in the story of American foreign policy and their attempt to contain Communism.
This book examines how and why the Americans got so involved in Vietnam and with what consequences. It also examines its relationship to the Korean War and to World War Two; and how the Vietnam experience shaped US foreign policy over the following decades and into the present.
Web-based support includes:
- Lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website http://www.schoolshistoryproject.org.uk/Publishing/BooksSHP/BooksALvlEHS.html
- eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers