An inspiration to a generation of entrepreneurs, Subroto Bagchi considers himself a career salesman, of products, services and ideas. In his new book, Sell, Bagchi presents the concepts of selling and salesmanship from his unique perspective. Through stories and anecdotes drawn from his repertoire of experiences, extensive reading and the careers of ace professionals he has encountered in his life, Bagchi touches on each stage of the traditional selling process and elaborates on the skills, tools and nuances that he believes can take the profession to the realm of art – and sometimes even wizardry.
Dip into this book to get insights into:
• How knowing about the life-cycle of the coho salmon will help you prospect better;
• Distinguishing real customers with purchasing power from time-wasters who will merely give you the runaround;
• How creating a playbook well in advance can guarantee you a sale;
• The transformational effect of believing in the value of your product and how you can bring your customer around to share your vision;
• Why the power of persuasion ranks higher than the power to convince, and why persistence tends to become meaningless after a point.
Marked by Bagchi’s characteristic wisdom and practicality, Sell is a rich, illuminating and contemporary treatise on salesmanship that dispels a narrow view of the act of selling and redefines it as a skill every professional needs to succeed in their career.